Distant Souls is a third perspective, action-adventure game. Inspired in Assassin's Creed mechanics and Kingdom Hearts combat style. You take control of a party of heroes with unique abilities, each based on a natural element; and visit cities and temples to grant you your power to defeat a powerful dark being trying to take over the world. The story will take back and forth between past and present explaining each heroes' background, with a deep character driven narrative
The project mixes puzzles, massive combats, 1vs1 combats, beautiful landspapes, and cinematic story telling.
The game will be split in different Acts, in the form of episodic content, by making shorter deadlines, delivering a high quality product sooner.
- Title: Distant Souls
- Genre: Fantasy, action, adventure, puzzle
- Platform: PC (Windows)
- Technology: Own engine, Ogre (Rendering), Havok (Physics)
- Game length: 7-10 hours of gameplay
- Number of players: 1*
- Target Player audience: 13+
* The engine supports multiplayer, depending on schedules, number of players may be increased in the future. This is a gameplay design issue, not a technical one.
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or better/AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
- 2 GB RAM
- NVIDIA Geforce 8 series or better / ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better (Shader Model 3.0 compliant with full VTF support)